Measuring length: 200mm
Readout: Digital (fractional)
Material: Stainless steel
The vernier caliper is used to give a direct reading of the distance measured with high accuracy and precision.
There are two different vernier calipers available in the Tork Craft range:
- Analog vernier calipers.
- Digital vernier calipers.
Before using a vernier caliper:
- Make sure the workpiece being measuring is clean and has no burrs on the edges.
- Make sure the lathe is switched off when measuring a workpiece in a lathe.
- The temperature of the workpiece is required to be around 20°C to have consistent measuring results.
- Precision measuring tools should never be put near a magnetic area to avoid the vernier caliper being magnetized.